DIGITAL COMPETENCE: ABILITIES OF A LECTURER AND EXPECTATIONS OF STUDENTS (UKRAINIAN-POLISH CONTEXT)
Lyudmyla Khoruzha, Volodymyr Proshkin, Olga Kotenko Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University (Ukraine)
Eugenia Smyrnova-Trybulska University of Silesia in Katowice (Poland)
Abstract: The task of shaping the IT competence of a modern teacher, in particular academic teacher, is quite current and important. It is associated with the turbulent development of information and communication technologies, with the formation of an information society. The purpose of the article is to analyze the features and dynamics of the formation of digital competence of university lecturers in Ukraine and Poland, to identify and justify the direction of increasing the digital competence of lecturers of higher education. Has presented the positive experience of universities of Ukraine and the Republic of Poland in improving the level of digital competence of teachers, recommendations of research teams on improving the digital competence of lecturers and conclusions and prospects for further research.
Keywords: digital competence; competence development; teacher of higher school; advanced training; digital technologies
- Bykov V. Yu., Shyshkina M. P. (2016). Theoretical and Methodological Principles of the Formation of the Cloud-Based Environment of a Higher Educational Institution. The Theory and Practice of Social Systems Management, 2, 30-52.
- Council Recommendation on Key Competences for Lifelong Learning. (2018). Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/education/education-in-the-eu/council-recommendation-on-key-competences-for-lifelong-learning_en (accessed: 28 May 2019).
- Digital agenda of Ukraine – 2020. (2016). Retrieved from http:// ucci.org.ua/uploads/files/58e78ee3c3922.pdf (accessed: 23 May 2019). [In Ukrainian]
- Grabowska, B., Kwadrans, Ł., Minczanowska, A., Smyrnova-Trybulska, E., Szafrańska, A. (2019) Developmental of Academic Staff Competences in Poland. In L. Khoruzha (ed.) High School Teacher Competence in Change. Kyiv: Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University, 2019 pp. 24-34
- Educational program of professional development of the University teaching staff. Module “Information and communication technologies”. (2015). Retrieved from http://kubg.edu.ua/images/stories/Departaments/naukovcyam/kvali/programapk_ikt_09_16.pdf (accessed on May 28, 2019). [In Ukrainian]
- European Framework for the Digital competition of Educators (DigCompEdu). (2017). Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/ publication/eur-scientific-and-technical-research-reports/european-framework-digital-competence-educators-digcompedu (accessed on: May 10, 2019).
- Glazunova O. H., Kuzminska O. H. Voloshyna T. V. Saiapina T. P. Korolchuk V. I. (2017). Microsoft and GOOGLE cloud services: organization of group project work of University students. Open educational e-environment of the modern University, 3, 199-211.
- Khoruzha L., Bratko M., Kotenko O., Melnychenko O., Proshkin V. (2018). Competencies of higher school lecturers in the epoch of changes: diagnostics and analytics (according to the results of research at Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University). Kyiv, Ukraine: Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University. [In Ukrainian]
- Modlo Ye., Yechkalo Yu., Semerikov S., Tkachuk V. (2017). Using technology of augmented reality in a mobile-based learning environment of the higher educational institution. Scientific notes. Series: Problems of physical, mathematical and technological education methodology, 1, 93-100. [In Ukrainian]
- UNESCO ICT competency framework for teachers. (2011). Retrieved from https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000213475 (accessed on: May 10, 2019).