THE PROJECT ″INCLUSIVE CLASSROOM-PLAY AND LEARN – CONCEPTION, DESIGN AND SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURE
Ani Epitropova, Alexander Petrov, Stanimir Stoyanov, Asya Stoyanova-Doycheva Plovdiv University “Paisii Hilendarski” (Bulgaria)
Abstract: The article presents an ongoing research project aiming to produce an innovative educational application for mobile devices, addressed to students with special educational needs, their teachers and parents. The software architecture including intelligent assistant and the process of conception, design and implementation of the App is described. The focus of the methodology is to provide a child centered approach to learning considering an individual’s interests, cognitive ability, strengths and challenges. The app consists of games and resources supporting development of skills to process information, problem solving, planning and organizing, and expanding knowledge about science objects and phenomena, ecology, human body and health.
Keywords: mobile educational app, inclusive education, intelligent assistant, SEN students
- Catalano, C. E., Luccini, A. M., & Mortara , M. (2014). Guidelines for an effective design of serious games. International Journal of Serious Games, 1(1). https://doi.org/10.17083/ijsg.v1i1.8
- Cohen, M., Hadley, M. and Frank, M . (2011) Young Children, Apps & iPad, Michael Cohen Group, New York.
- Papadakis, S. and Kalogiannakis, M. (2017) ‘Mobile educational applications for children: what educators and parents need to know’, Int. J. Mobile Learning and Organisation, 11(3), pp.256–277.
- Papadakis, S., Kalogiannakis, M., Orfanakis, V., and Zaranis , N., (2016) Using scratch and app inventor for teaching introductory programming in secondary education. A case study. International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning, 8, pp.217 -233
- Perez, L., Furler, B., Reat, C. (2018) Mobile Devices Empower Students With Special Needs,.https://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/apps-special-needs-disabilities-assistive-technology-students.shtml
- Rao, A. S. M. P. Georgeff, “BDI Agents: from theory to practice” в First International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems ICMAS-95, June 1995, pp. 312-319.
- Tobii Dynavox Communicator 5 (2017) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from http://en.assistfoundation.eu/communicator5/
- Proekt “Zaednonaučiliŝe” (2013) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from http://elasnas.bg/page/software
- Obrazovatelen portal za deca s disleksiâ (2017) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from https://www.sopbg.org/