IN THE DIGITAL SPACE: PROGRAMME DESIGN AND CASE IMPLEMENTATION
Olena Kuzminska National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine (Ukraine)
Abstract. This article discusses the structure of higher education teachers’ IC competence. A system approach to IC competence formation is offered within the framework of higher education teachers’ postgraduate education. A model of postgraduate education programme design is created and an example of its implementation in a course is provided. Based on the results of a completed pilot project in the Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University and within the framework of the international IRNet project (www.irnet.us.edu.pl) the effectiveness of the application of the approaches offered by the authors to teachers’ postgraduate education to develop teachers’ IC competence was confirmed.
Keywords: Сompetence, Higher education institution, Postgraduate education, Pedagogical design
- Arbaugh, J.B., Cleveland-Innes, M., Diaz, S.R., Garrison, D.R., Ice, P., Richardson, & Swan, K.P. (2008). Developing a community of inquiry instrument: Testing a measure of the Community of Inquiry framework using a multi-institutional sample. The Internet and Higher Education, 11(3-4), 133-136.
- Bounfour, A. (2016). Digital Futures, Digital Transformatio. Progress in IS. Cham. Springer International Publishing, doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-23279-9.
- Council conclusions on a strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training 2020. Meeting of the Education, Youth and Culture Council. (2009). Retrieved from http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/educ/107622.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Definition and Selection of Competencies. Theoretical and Conceptual Foundations (DeSeCo). Strategy Paper on Key Competencies. An Overarching Frame of Reference for an Assessment and Research Program − OECD (Draft). (2001). Retrieved from https://www.oecd.org/edu/skills-beyond-school/41529556.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).
- DigComp 2.0: The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens. Update Phase 1: the Conceptual DigComp 2.0: The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens. Update Phase 1: the Conceptual Reference Model. (2016). Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/publication/eurscientific-and-technical-research-reports/digcomp-20-digital-competence-framework-citizens-updatephase-1-conceptual-reference-model (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Dimitriadis, Y., Goodyear, Р. (2013). Forward-oriented design for learning. Retrieved from https://journal.alt.ac.uk/index.php/rlt/ article/view/1402/pdf_1 (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Durak, G., Ataizi, M. (2016). The ABC’s of Online Course Design According to Addie Model. Universal Journal of Educational Research, 4, 2084-2091. doi: 10.13189/ujer.2016.040920.
- Hansen N., Postmes, T., van der Vinne, N., & van Thiel, W. (2012). Information and communication technology and cultural change. Social psychology. 43(4), 222–231. Doi: 10.1027/1864-9335/a000123.
- Horizon Report Preview | 2019 Higher Education Edition. (2019). Retrieved from https://library.educause.edu/-/media/files/library/2019/2/2019 horizonreportpreview.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).
- ISTE STANDARDS. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/ standards/standards (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Kincannon, J. (2012). Using the community of inquiry model for Course Design. Retrieved from http://wp.vcu.edu/challenges/wp-content/uploads/sites/ 2758/2014/05/Course_Design_Process12-13.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Kuzminska, O., Mazorchuk, M. (2016). Models and Tools for Information Support of Test Development Process in Learning Management Systems. Information and Communication Technologies in Education, Research, and Industrial Applications, Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 1614, pp. 632-639.
- Morze, N., Kuzminska, O., & Liakh, T. (2017). Development of educational, scientific collaboration and project management with IC tools in universities In: E. Smyrnova-Trybulska (Ed.), Effective development of teachers’ skills in the area of ICT and E-learning. E-learning Publishing Series. Vol. 9, (pp. 347–364). Katowice-Cieszyn: Studio Noa for University of Silesia, ISSN: 2451-3644 (print edition) ISSN 2451-3652 (digital edition) ISBN 978-83-60071-96-0.
- New Vision for Education: Fostering Social and Emotional Learning through Technology. (2016). Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/ WEF_New_Vision_for_Education.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).
- NMC Horizon Report: 2017 Higher Education Edition. (2017). Retrieved from http://cdn.nmc.org/media/2017-nmc-horizon-report-he-EN.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Official EU Site. Europe 2020. (2015). Retrieved from https://ec.europa.eu/ info/business-economy-euro/economic-and-fiscal-policy-coordination/eu-economic-governance-monitoring-prevention-correction/european-semester/framework/europe-2020-strategy_en (accessed 25 July 2019).
- Redecker, C. (2017). European Framework for the Digital Competence of Educators: DigCompEdu. Publications Office of the European Union. ISBN 978-92-79-73494-6, doi:10.2760/159770, JRC107466.
- Smyrnova-Trubulska E., Morze, N., Kuzminska, O. (2019) Networking Through Scholarly Communication: Case IRNet Project In E. Smyrnova-Trybulska, P. Kommers, N. Morze, J. Malach (Eds.) Universities in the Networked Society. Cultural Diversity and Digital Competences in Learning Communities. Critical Studies of Education 10. (Pp. 80-97) Springer Cham. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-05026-9
- Susan Y. H. Sun (2016) Learntime and learning place-focused forward oriented design for learning in technology-enhanced classrooms. Distance Education, 37:3, 349-365. DOI: 10.1080/01587919.2016.1233051.
- The Community of Inquiry. (2012). Retrieved from https://coi.athabascau.ca/ (accessed 25 July 2019).
- The Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. (2012). Retrieved from https://enqa.eu/index.php/home/esg/ (accessed 25 July 2019).
- UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.gcedclearinghouse.org/sites/default/files/resources/190056 eng.pdf (accessed 25 July 2019).